The Round-Up is Boticca’s weekly summary of new designers, new pieces we love as well as happenings on our website and around our community.
Arata Fuchi (Florence, Italy): Born and raised in Japan, Arata moved to Florence to study at the prestigious Le Arti Orafe jewelry design school. Arata has an usual original technique he likes to call “pulverization” where he covers silver-made pieces with silver powder to make the surfaces rough and irregular. The result: works of irresistible art.
Catalina De La Torre (Boston, USA): The mission in Catalina’s craft is “everyday luxury” as she likes to put it. And she combines inspirations of her Colombian heritage with uniquely crafted and warm pieces to do just that!
Mari Santos from Little Fille (London, UK): When Mari came by our offices, we were blown away by her warm and bubbly personality. And this translates into her Little Fille line of earmuffs and hair accessories inspired by fantasy, science fiction and winter wonderlands. How can you not love someone who counts Princess Leia as an inspiration?
Mojee (Washington DC, USA): Mojee studied interior design and art before moving into jewelry design. Her work reflects her Persian heritage and her travels across the Mediterranean through the use of beautiful turquoise stones and 18K yellow gold. The result? Luxurious and flirtatious pieces for women who desire elegance.
Algis Abromaitis from Jolita Jewellery (London, UK): Algis started creating jewelry after having a recurring about it for over a week. So he decided to go to bead shop on Beak Street in London and was hooked ever since! He specializes in creating one-of-a-kind costume jewelry pieces by working with resin, polymer clay and metal clays.
5 New Pieces We Love
1. Iberia earrings by Chic Jewel Couture. Why we love them: These gorgeous gold plated earrings are inspired by the Iberian Peninsula’s history with typical Spanish radiant vibes!
2. Klimt necklace by Joanna Dahdah. Why we love it: This colorful, wearable piece of art celebrates one of Klimt’s most famous paintings, “The Kiss”.
3. Turquoise cocktail ring by Mojee. Why we love it: We are passionate about ever-lasting artisan jewelry, and the unique Persian Turquoise stone adds an elegant touch of color to one’s year-round wardrobe.
4. Bezel Set Labradorite and Chain earrings by Nan Fusco. Why we love them: Enjoy the Labradorite’s refraction of light. Furthermore, with this stone, we can really say that no two are alike!
5. Madeleine necklace by Evelyn La Starza. Why we love it: This vintage-inspired little beauty makes us think of a hot cup of tea served in Chinese porcelain with marzipan candies, by the fireplace in a Victorian house… one can dream!
WOW! Piece of the Week
Black Ring with Gold Foil sprinkled ring by Arata Fuchi. Why: The wisdom of ancient Korean jewelers meets the unique creativity of this incredibly talented Japanese-born artist. The result: this stunning show-stopper.
Gift of the Week
Cockle Rock earrings by Enelle London. Why: We love the idea of treating someone to a special little gift, especially when it comes in such unique packaging.
Weekly Theme: Make a Statement
Special Occasions: Swedish blogging sensation Amanda Brohman makes her Picks
Designer Close-up: Interview with Roula Ghalayini from Poupee Couture
Pieces We Love: Video product review of Poupee Couture’s pieces
We’ll be back next week with more designers, gift ideas and style inspirations. As always, feel free to share your thoughts or make suggestions and recommendations in the comments.
Happy Thanksgiving weekend to all our American friends!